For years, I've been using the Sacred Journey Journal system and cards. I'm not perfect, so I don't always fill it in, but this year is the best I've ever done - and I'm happy with the results.
One of the activities it recommends you do is a spiral spread on the equinoxes and solstices (along with one at the beginning of the year).
Last Thursday I actually did the spread (on the actual solstice! Yay, Dawn!).
Here's what I came up with (start with position #1, the center of the spiral, and then move clockwise in a spiral direction). I've noted what the positions are (Essence, Past, Present, etc.), what they mean, and then the card I pulled for that position.
1. Essence (the center of the spiral): The theme that unifies this spread. The key to grounding and manifesting. I pulled the Focus card.
2. Past: The past affects the present. Review accomplishments. I pulled the Clan card.
3. Present: What is occuring in my life right now? Dig in with conviction and heart as I move toward my dreams and goals. Trust yor instincts. Bring your gifts to the world. I pulled the Trust card.
4. Future: Look to this card to find the direction for choices to come. I pulled the Courage card.
5. Possibility: Possibility allows you to move toward the horizon of goals and dreams. I pulled the Joy card.
6. Blessings: Be still and recognize the wisdom to understand the ways of life. I pulled the Integrity card.
7. Synthesis: Integration of the wisdom and benefits of doing the work. What ties the entire spread together. I pulled the Goals card.
What this brought up for me after doing this spread was a series of daily questions to ask myself to make sure I'm keeping my focus and working toward my goals (I don't think I could have come up with a more logical connection between the first card and the last!):
Question 1: What is my focus? (To help me get grounded)
Question 2: People are necessary. Who and what has happened to get me to this point?
Question 3: What are my instincts telling me? What do I need to trust?
Question 4: What are th decisions I need to make right now? Do them!
Question 5: What brings me joy right now? Or what WILL bring me joy today?
Question 6: What do I need to do in order to be in integrity?
Question 7: What are the bigger goals?
This has been pretty profound for me.... I realize that I need to be very clear on my goals and the intentional actions I need to take to get there.