If you ever saw the film Moulin Rouge, then you know the movie centered around the Bohemian philosophies of four things:
Ewan MacGregor says to Nicole Kidman: "I believe in truth, freedom, and, above all things, love."
You should be able to pick out any (or more) of those four concepts in any part of the movie. (And you can.)
I was talking to a new client who is bringing me on to help her rewrite her website. She said, "It doesn't sound like me. I'm not anywhere in this website."
I gave her the Moulin Rouge speech... and now I'll give it to you....
Your website - the theme, the idea, what it stands for, YOU - should be able to be distilled down to a very basic core concept, or three or four of them, as in Moulin Rouge. Basically, what are the four words of YOUR website?
This idea, plus some tools to help ferret out those words, is one of the concepts we'll be covering in Class 1 of Websites from the Soul training series. I'll help you figure out what your core concepts are, what you stand for, who you really are... and, more importantly, how to bring that out in your website.
(And, if you're interested, my four concepts are below.)
So if you'd like some help figuring out your four words as well as other tools and strategies to make your website a more authentic reflection of you and your business, join me for my brand-new 3-part training series, Websites from the Soul.
We start Monday, August 13, and when you register for the training series, you also get
- Free registration for the August 23rd Just Write! virtual workshop - a four-hour virtual workshop allowing you a lovely block of time to implement all the actions from the Website from the Soul series ($29 value)
- Access to content from my extensive resource library of book writing, marketing, and publishing classes ($100 value)
* Web Site WOW
* The Essentials of Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization
* Make Your Voice Sing - Add Power to Your Pen
* How to WOW Your Readers (Hint: It's not about you)
* Write in Style and You Write to Win
Here's to a website from your soul, Moulin Rouge style!