I haven't written much about the things going on in my life over the past few months. Some of it is because life has been so busy I haven't had time. Heck, I went a month without even writing in my journal. It's also because when I was in the thick of things, I didn't really know what to say.
Recapping the last few months....
- I've survived a somewhat tumultuous selling of my house process with buyers who were being very cautious about purchasing their dream house. At least, in my kinder moments, that's how I framed it.
- I've packed up a house I've lived in for ten years. Not only did it house (ha ha) ten years' worth of stuff, but when one lives in a big-ass house, one doesn't concern herself with minimizing. She just stores it - because she can.
- I've reduced, sold, given away a ton of stuff to downsize to an apartment the 1/4 of the size of my house.
- I've painted rooms and done what I could to prepare the apartment to move into - and give my girls a warm, loving place that wasn't sterile white.
- I've moved. If you've ever moved, then probably 'nuff said.
- I've had to ask for help. Big, big, big deal for me. As tough as these last few months have been, I probably would have had more meltdowns and more problems if I hadn't had people help me pack, move, unpack, paint, call utility companies, set up my phone service, find moving companies, hang bathroom cabinets and shower organizers. And then there's, of course, the emotional support I had from the people who love me.
- I've entered the realm of soon-to-be-divorced mom who shares custody of her girls with her soon-to-be-ex-husband.
- School has ended, and summer has started. Yet more transition and change.
Life has been a series of changes, one after another. I've had so many phoenix rising moments that the ground must be littered with dead phoenixes.
Now that I'm outside the majority of the chaos, I can start to make sense of it and really see the impact and the lessons learned.