I have to say that I'm a little sad to say good-bye to 2008, even with the tumult and chaos that's been going on. Because I know that there's been a lot of good stuff to come out of 2008. Yeah, bad stuff too, but all of it's gotten me to where I am right now, on the cusp of a new year, new possibilities, and a new Dawn. (I get a lot of mileage out of my first name.)
So that being said, I leave you with the following to muse and laugh over as you bid farewell to 2008 and usher in 2009.
- Lake Superior University banished words list. (You had to know words would be involved in some way.) I didn't get riled up over any words on the list, and maybe it's because I'm just so happy that we'll have a president who speaks in complete sentences.
- Which leads to this... Obama's chief speech writer. I loved that they talked about voice in writing and Favreau's ability to write in Obama's voice.
- Yet another link to words, the Inigo Montoya Guide to 27 Commonly Misused Words, compliments of Meryl.
- Stacy had written about my interview on an Internet radio show, and I've written about how she called me her BFF. Then, she wrote more about what I said on Virtual Moxie and the concept of red and green traffic lights. I actually think she wrote it better than I said it.
- We all have favorite numbers, but it never occurred to me to pay attention to five. Bruce writes about how to Unleash the Power of Five. I like the idea of using five (five things your customers like about you, five things your customers don't like about you, and so on) instead of just saying, "Come up with what customers like/don't like." You tend to stop at one or two. Five makes you go deeper. Hmmm.
- The very best eCard out there.
- On one of the rare occasions where I watched live tv, I saw this commercial. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and I have to say that I almost rushed out to buy the product. It was no surprise that it was produced by Baz Luhrman.
- Watching Oceans 11 for the umpteenth time, I felt moved to find out yet more about the film. One can find anything on the Internet. Oceans 11 trivia awaits!
May you all have a prosperous and joyful 2009!